Corporate Responsibility Research Conference 2016
We are all responsible!
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainable Development
12-14 October 2016 – Istanbul, Turkey
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 17 AUGUST 2016!
CRR Conference is the longest running academic conference on CSR and corporate sustainability. The 12th edition of the conference will be hosted and organised by Istanbul University School of Business in association with KEDGE Business School (France) and the Sustainability Research Group at the School of Earth & Environment of the University of Leeds (United Kingdom).
Differentiation is desired by many companies today in order to achieve competitive advantage. Managing diversity while ensuring inclusion at work and implementing strategies that advocate sustainable development have apparently become essential concerns in the contemporary business world. We are looking forward to build an ideal platform where we can develop and share ideas on these concerns as well as discuss on recent research findings. In this context, CRR 2016 will welcome studies that focus on CSR and corporate sustainability topics. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Circular economy (Frank Figge, Professor of sustainable development and CSR, Kedge Business School, France)
- Climate change and sustainable ecology (Breeda Comyns, Asst. professor, Kedge Business School, France)
- Consumer behaviour and CSR (William Young, Professor of sustainability and business, University of Leeds, UK)
- CR and corporate governance issues (Cem Cuneyt Arslantas, Professor of management and organisation, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- CR and corporate reputation (Bahar Yasin, Assoc. prof. of marketing, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- CSR for SMEs and micro-enterprises (Aykut Berber, Professor of management and organisation, Istanbul University, Turkey, & Cem Cuneyt Arslantas, Professor of management and organisation, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- Cultural marketing and CR (Gokce Dervisoglu Okandan, Asst. professor of arts and cultural management, Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey)
- Diversity and sustainable consumer markets (Diren Bulut, Asst. professor of marketing,Istanbul University, Turkey)
- Diversity, inclusion at work and CSR (Mustafa F. Ozbilgin, Professor of HRM and organisational behaviour, Brunel University London, UK, & Aykut Berber, Professor of management and organisation, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- Environment, energy and sustainable resource management (Tobias Hahn, Professor of corporate sustainability, Kedge Business School, France)
- Ethical perspectives on CR (Carolina Machado, Professor of management, University of Minho, Portugal)
- Gen Y, Gen Z and beyond... CSR and the new generation employees customers & managers (Guven Ordun, Assoc. professor of organisational behaviour, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- Innovation, strategy and CR (Aykut Berber, Professor of management and organisation, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- International CSR (Ralf Barkemeyer, Assoc. professor, Kedge Business School, France)
- Knowledge management and CSR (Yasemin Sen, Ph.D. in management and organisation, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- Micro CSR (Ante Glavas, Assoc. professor, Kedge Business School, France, David A. Jones, Assoc. professor of management, University of Vermont, USA, & Chelsea R. Willness, Assoc. professor, University of Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Migration, recruitment and CSR (Ayselin Gözde Yildiz, Asst. prof. of international relations, Yasar University, Turkey)
- Responsible and transparent CSR reporting (Georgios Voulgaris, Asst. professor of accounting, Warwick Business School, UK)
- Social entrepreneurship (Engin Deniz Eris, Assoc. prof. of management, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey)
- Stakeholders, capital markets and responsible investment (Serra Eren Sarioglu, Assoc. professor of finance, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- Supply networks and CR (Seda Tolun, Assoc. professor of operational research, Istanbul University, Turkey)
- Sustainability and corporate strategies (Refika Bakoglu, Professor of management and organisation, Marmara University, Turkey)
- Workshop: “Arts and CSR” (Ceren Bulut Yumrukaya, Asst. prof., Faculty of Fine Arts, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey, & Özgül Kilinçarslan, Asst. prof., Faculty of Fine Arts, Mustafa Kemal University, Turkey)
- Workshop: “Work engagement and CSR” (Arnold Bakker, Professor of work and organisational psychology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
Initial abstracts of a maximum of 600 words should be emailed to email@example.com by Wednesday, 17th August 2016. Files should be sent in MS Word format, and the file name should be first author’s surname. Please include names, affiliations and contact details of all authors. Please use a maximum of 600 words, answering the following questions:
- Research Question(s): What is the submission's goal?
- Theoretical Framework: What main concepts, models or theories are used in the paper? Include 3-4 central references.
- Method: Which method is used for the research work?
- Findings: What are the main (expected) outcomes and results?
Abstracts will be reviewed and selected by the scientific committee of the conference. Authors will be notified of acceptance from early June 2016.
The conference papers of a maximum of 6,000 words including references should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 05 September 2016. Please note that papers will not be accepted or appear on the programme unless at least one co-author has registered in full for the conference.
|18 January 2016||Call for abstracts opens (1st Call for Abstracts)|
|From June 2016||Registration line opens|
|17 August 2016||NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE for abstract submissions|
|From mid-June 2016||Notification of accepted abstracts|
|24 August 2016||Deadline for early-bird registrations|
|05 September 2016||Deadline for full papers|
|16 September 2016||Registration deadline|
|12 October 2016||CRRC pre-Conference Events|
|13/14 October 2016||Corporate Responsibility Research Conference|
The conference will be held in close vicinity of the Taksim area and the Old City in Istanbul.
|Until 24 August 2016||After 24 August 2016|
|Regular rate||350 EUR||400 EUR|
|PhD student rate||250 EUR||300 EUR|
For more detailed information on the conference, accommodation, the venue and logistics, please visit our website (www.crrconference.org) or contact the conference chair Professor Dr Aykut Berber at email@example.com.